IDENTIFY YOUR POLARIS
If you have a Polaris Swimming Pool Cleaner and need spare parts it can be difficult to identify exactly which one you have as there are a number of different models out there. Hopefully the following will help you to pin it down.
1. Serial Number: This can be found on the back of your Polaris
Older models will have it stamped or moulded on the back.
Newer models will have a sticker with the number on.
- 380 serial number starts with a “K”
- 280 with a “C”
- 360 with an “L"
2. Colour (If you cannot find the Serial number then start with the Colour):
Older ones were Blue and White, although there were exceptions, some of them were available in Black e.g. Black Max versions.
Newer models are Blue, Grey and Black.
The 180 uses only Velcro.
The 280, 480 and the 3900 use a bag with Tear Drop shaped clips.
4. Jets: (The number of Jets varies between series) remove the bag and have a look into the hole and you can see the jets near the bottom
- 180 = 1 jet
- 280 = 2 jets
- 360, 380 or 3900 = 3 jets
5. Booster Pump: (A Booster Pump is needed for the running of most Polaris Cleaners)
The diameter of the hose on an in-ground Pool Cleaner is less than 1¼" and the hose is smooth.
The 360 in-ground Polaris does not use a Booster Pump.
The above ground Pool Cleaners, 60, 65 and Turbo Turtle do not need a Booster Pump, the hose is corrugated with a 1¼" diameter.